Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

Australia’s Medicare system does not cover international visitors, except where a reciprocal agreement exists, as such, you will require private health insurance to cover you for any medical expenses whilst in Australia or you will have to pay all costs up-front yourself.

If you are coming to Australia on a Student Visa you are required to buy OSHC to cover you for the full duration of your stay. Unless you show proof of having purchased OSHC prior, you will be invoiced for OSHC along with your enrolment and tuition and Discover English will arrange your OSHC for you.

If you are visiting Australia on a Working Holiday or Tourist Visa it is recommended that you buy insurance to cover you for the duration of your stay prior to departing your home country.

Discover English uses BUPA as its default provider of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Click here for more information on Bupa OSHC.

With BUPA Overseas Student Health Cover you'll get:

  • Cover if you need to go to hospital,
  • Cover if you need to visit a doctor or specialist,
  • Ambulance services,
  • Benefits for some of your prescription medicines,
  • Special offers and discounts.

BUPA will not pay for the cost of dental treatment, physiotherapy or glasses. Waiting periods apply for the cover of medical conditions which existed prior to your arrival in Australia.