The Melbourne Weekend to End Women’s Cancers event is a 2-day, 60km walk raising vital funds for cancer research and clinical care for Peter Mac in Melbourne. Last year, the inaugural WALK raised an incredible $3.6m for vital research at Peter Mac and 2015 will mark the 2nd annual Weekend to End Women’s Cancers event. Funds raised by the WALK will continue to aid research and development for:
· Establishment of the Advanced Breast Cancer Program
· Vital funding for the Familial Cancer Centre
· Funding for specialised research technology and resources
In order for this incredible event to happen we require passionate Crew & Volunteers through the course of the weekend, 28th February & 1st of March 2015.
Since the students enjoy spending time with the participants and trying to improve their English below is two options available.
Crew - The Crew members are truly the backbone of the event! Crew are the ones supporting walkers along their journey by cheering, manning the support stops, helping to set up camp, driving the support sweep vehicle. There is a $50 registration fee for all event participants. This fee goes straight to Peter MacCallum Cancer centre and helps to cover you’re on event experience including all transport, meals, accommodation, facilities etc. Becoming a crew member on the Weekend to End Women’s Cancers is a life changing experience.
- They can join our gear team and assist walkers as they arrive to find their bags.
- A couple of the students can work as the food service team to mark credentials to ensure only participants and crew/staff are being fed.
- They can also assist with cheering at the finish line
- Manning water stations
- Sunday morning assist with packing up the tents and flipping the site
Come along on Sunday 1st March to assist with packing up the tents and flipping the site
- No registration fee, will receive a t-shirt however will need to bring their own lunch